Lineage II Citadel
Zmaj

Client does not start

I saw in other languages sections that people have problems with client. I have it too. Game client does not start. I just get Kamael splash screen and than nothing. It just disappear.

I have have tried everything... reinstalling, new system folder, deleting option.ini, compatibility and administrator mode... It just wont start. 1st time I see problem like this.

Running win 7 x64.

AMD Radeon HD video card

So something on your PC decides l2.exe needs to be blocked, possibly as it sees it as a virus/malicious software as its an encrypted executable.

I'll ask the devs if they know a solution.

Could you check logs and see if theres any reference to something killing l2.exe?

I can't figure it out. Coz i have 3 different chronicles (interlude,GF and Hi5), instaled on the same way like this chronicle, and they all work (with l2.exe). So i doubt there is some program that hates your l2.exe, and keeps the rest alone :P

One guy in russian section, is having the same problem.

I'm sure it's something wrong with that patch.

Our l2.exe has a custom antibot encrypted in it, could be seen as malicious software by something on your system.

We will run a test somewhere today or tomorrow with Blackwatch disabled and provide a new patch.

Lets see if that solves the issue.

Hello ,

i tried to enter your server beta and while i did it i came across strange unknown crush .

After i setup L2 hellbound client (the clean and regular version) i extracted your patch into the lineage 2 folder all this while i shutdown my firewall and antivirus programs.

Then when i double click on the L2.exe in the system folder i see the logo of the loading for like 2 seconds and then it's crushed or something and disappear , when i open my task manager i see the game trying to load and then suddenly disappear .

I also try to log from different internet connections so it's not a problem of block ports antivirus or firewall .

I would like to note also that i download your connection diagnostic tool and the results was good and nothing strange or bad .

Hope someone can help me with that problem because i really want to play in your server with my friends :) .

thanks for the helpers .

NWindow.dll is not patched in anyway; our patch just includes the latest offical update while a clean install includes the first 'HB' release of that dll file.

If that file causes the issue just dump the old dll in your system folder.

I found out that it's not l2.exe file that cause the problem. It's NWindow.dll file.

I was testing game client from the other machine today, and i thought that Nwindow.dll was a problem. But on my home computer it's still the same. Antivirus/spyware is deactivated, firewall exception is added, no result.

Bump.

The client does not start only when Citadel patch is applied. Otherwise it works well. I can play any other server. Its not about BlackWatch, nor virus/malware  nor administrator accounts. L2.exe process disappear after 2 seconds, after splash screen.

Still looking for solution.