Lineage II Citadel
Teqi

Client Modifications

I tried to decrypt some texture files but couldn't import them in some tools to add/remove textures so there's that. I remember I did it before but now it failed for some reason. Might have been an older chronicle last time.

You can always do this but it gets tricky, basically you need a L2decoder to transform the .utx in another format that can then be edited with Unreal Tournament Editor. A friend of mine managed to use photoshop instead but had another step for doing so.

Once the file is edited, you need to reconvert it to .utx using an encoder and it works fine. Not an easy task...

You have a tool made for that task called umodel by Gildor. The real problem is that sometimes textures are hidden in shaders and you can't have access to them. For example Anakim has 2 UV coordinates, 1 for head, body, etc and other for the main body with a mostly alpha texture. This second UV is linking a shader for the alpha zones that can't be accessed and has most of the texture.

As far as I know there isn't a better tool than umodel for this task.

Thanks for allowing to modify systemmsg. Also would appreciate to allow modify user.ini for zoom and +2nd click disable, or make it so i cant be negatively zoomed to look through walls and add it to you live system.

Also can you tell witch file controls- Chat Window Options,HUD location,id like not to change that aswell, because its kinda annoying that i have to reset all chat window options for each chat bar to fit my taste,after a patch update :)

Also can you tell witch file controls- Chat Window Options,HUD location,id like not to change that aswell, because its kinda annoying that i have to reset all chat window options for each chat bar to fit my taste,after a patch update :)

Chatfilter.ini contains your chat settings.

Options.ini contains your game settings.

Windowsinfo.ini contains all (or most) UI window positions.

Side information:

Eula-e.dat contains the eula stuff. Deleting this files removes 1 more step while logging in. But this can also be disabled server sided. I've no clue if that's done or not but it's a habbit for me to delete this file.

Obscene-e.dat contains chat filter for bad words. Delete this file and you'll never see -_- again.

/edit

If some UI window isn't visible to you after a patch and re-sizing the client window smaller for your likings, it happens often some UI windows might be outside your client window. Instead of hitting the hateful initialize button you should dig into the windowsinfo.ini file first and give the game reboot. Might save you some trouble.

got a question, modification that show drop/spoil are considered cheating here ?

You mean the ones that create some sort of pop-up window if you use a certain combination of keys when having a monster targeted? Even if they are allowed, I am willing to bet that the information would be pretty inaccurate.

Edit: Your best option is to wait for the administration to release a drop database sourced directly from the server files.

i tried to use the file for infinite zoom but i get crit error everytime i start the client.i replaced with the default one client is running nicely

infinite zoom wont be allowed. Use the approved .ini files. Only file you can edit is systemmsg-e