Lineage II Citadel
Teqi

Client Modifications

I'll list here all modifications I'm using.

[1] Infinite Zoom for HB + right click camera reset disabled:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sitwvaxbrm8m3a1/User.ini?dl=0

Install: over-write the existing file in the system folder (default -> C:\Program Files\Lineage II\System)

wBK05z7.jpg

[2] Skill time modification, icons show % of re-use:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/psbsa9sgdi74wt4/HB_SKILLTIME.zip?dl=0

Install: over-write the existing file in the systextures folder (default -> C:\Program Files\Lineage II\Systextures)

1bbE1D5.png

[3] Ingame clock + client uptime counter (update: Nvidia owners might have problems using this)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pxx85wsjj8huoj9/ClockInGame.zip?dl=0

Install: copy both files into the system folder (default -> C:\Program Files\Lineage II\System)

wIYYYKW.png

[4] Colored systemmsg-e / different versions / suggested ones

v0.1a is here:

SystemMsg-e.zip

Changelog:

Changelog v0.1a

-Removed the following messages (ID; msg):

41; You carefully nock an arrow.
42; You have avoided $c1's attack.
43; You have missed.
337; The soulshot you are attempting to use does not match the grade of your equipped weapon.
338; You do not have enough soulshots for that.
339; Cannot use soulshots.
530; The Spiritshot does not match the weapon's grade.
531; You do not have enough Spiritshots for that.
532; You may not use Spiritshots.
1433; The automatic use of $s1 has been activated.
1434; The automatic use of $s1 has been deactivated.
1435; Due to insufficient $s1, the automatic use function has been deactivated.
1436; Due to insufficient $s1, the automatic use function cannot be activated.
2264; $c1 has evaded $c2's attack.
2265; $c1's attack went astray.

2394; That skill cannot be used because your pet/servitor lacks sufficient MP.
2395;That skill cannot be used because your pet/servitor lacks sufficient HP.
2396;That pet/servitor skill cannot be used because it is recharging.

-Edited some messages for pvp situations to be more "clear", shortened messages, colored them.

-Added spoil on screen pop-up message

Sample screens:

932833d0c19ae.png

54ec94dcbf7f9.png

9a6b1fe0bab4e.png

dd88de7c48250.png

if you would like to have some custom modification to it, let me know in pm or here in topic

to be continued..

In progress:

- colored system message / removing all annoying sys. messages such as "You carefully nock an arrow"

- additional functions regarding user.ini

- Ingame drop-spoil-chest-npcid patch regarding latest data.

mb more to come, I had these on mind

update 2015.01.11: due to lack of time, I won't finish the rest :( unless I will have free time, which I doubt.

- Ingame drop-spoil-chest-npcid patch regarding latest data.

This generated with the help of the server drop chances would be pretty sweet. With some dedication one could probably make a small application to do this automatically for the whole file to be read, changed and saved.

Minor client patch suggestion. Remove Eula-e.dat file. This causes the client not to show the pop up with the eula before selecting a server and no one ever reads this anyways.

The same can be done with obscene-e.dat file jfyi.

Do you guys consider providing these files in default installation in case they are extensively tested and polished? Colorchar+onscreen msg, mob lvl hack, config: zoom, mob name distance, no fog etc, no right click, no tracking etc.

I would like the anticheat take care of this as well to protect these files so you can't client side hack treasures/wallhack/negative zoom scouting.

It could also mean noone can temper with network rates and tickrate clientside or do anything not officially allowed to use.

In that case it would be also necessary to give people some options like check/uncheck for onscreen dmg.

I can only imagine how much additional work this could bring but i would love polished and complete experience of l2 without hassle.

Is there any team decision what you will provide in default installation and how far you go with protecting files? For example do you let people use 10k name view range, see mob lvl + agro (provided file without treasure hack).

Will you provide colored systemmsg-e.dat for different taste?

- color chat only

- color chat + on screen msg

- color chat + on screen msg+dmg

What about drop spoil patch pulled from db with correct rate settings? 

Additionally are you plan your own db for drop/spoil with map and raidboss info on website?

Is it for example possible to add into client new macro icons? Would you in that case provide them in default installation etc.

Is there any team decision what you will provide in default installation and how far you go with protecting files? For example do you let people use 10k name view range, see mob lvl + agro (provided file without treasure hack).

Details will be released at a  later stage.

Will you provide colored systemmsg-e.dat for different taste?

- color chat only

- color chat + on screen msg

- color chat + on screen msg+dmg

No but feel free to make one yourself and share it, or wait until someone else shares one.

What about drop spoil patch pulled from db with correct rate settings? 

There is no such thing, all drop/spoil patches are just reading client side info.

We will implement a drop/spoil DB in our wiki once we're done with the majority of the work for the server.

Is it for example possible to add into client new macro icons? Would you in that case provide them in default installation etc.

This is also a client side mod which we will not supply by default.

Hi Lonely thanks for answering my questions

colorchat: I would gladly create color chat from scratch that means coloring vanilla file from hb installation to make 100% sure there are no bugs. It would also be no problem to come up with 3 variants i mention ... but i don't really feel like doing too much work if it would not be distributed at default with some launcher options i could just download something good enough and available and live with it.

dropspoil: I know this info comes from client.

macroicons: Why not if this is possible that would be very cool addition.

I can understand i can do these things for myself but why should normal player mod his client so its more modern i think lot of people would appreciate such things in launcher as options. If you want broader audience you should work as much hard as possible to make good 1st impression so things like color chat should be default in my opinion.

if someone knows how to edit

please change damn mana burn animation

it sucks now

Only "casting" effect can be edited clientside, rest is serverside = "aveeffect" added to skill. I can only advice to make a suggestion to the administration :l